Thursday, July 26, 2012

Shoe Storage



When I first moved into my house, I put a cheap-o metal shoe rack in the coat closet.  It was supposed to hold all of our shoes.  There was only one problem... the coat closet is nowhere near the front door, so our shoes were always left in the hallway.  I started looking for a shoe cabinet and found some really beautiful ones, but the price tags were not so appealing.

Next I looked at Ikea, and of course, they had some beautiful shoe cabinets at very reasonable prices.  

I wanted the tall version of the white HEMNES shoes cabinet, which held 12 pairs of shoes, but after measuring my wall, I realized it would cover the light switch, so I opted for the shorter, 8 pair cabinet.  Here's what it looks like in my house:






 and here is a look inside a drawer:






As with most products from IKEA, it came in a bunch of pieces, but the directions were easy to follow and everything was pre-drilled correctly. Just FYI, in case you opt to go with this cabinet, you need to anchor it to the wall to keep it from tipping over.  It's not visible in the picture, but the cabinet does not have rear legs so that it can go plush against the wall without hitting the baseboards. 

So there you have it, that is how I got rid of our shoe chaos.  The drawers only hold two pairs of my shoes but I can put like six of Eva's into one.  Putting the cabinet together by myself wasn't fun, but it has definitely been worth the effort.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    It is true storage cabinets are essential part of a home. In our routine life, we handle and deal with many things which need to be stored for future consumption.Thanks for your nice post.

    shoe storage cabinet

    ReplyDelete