Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Tidy Kitchen Sink

Here's a quick tip for a clutter free kitchen sink:

A few months back I got around to reorganizing all the kitchen appliances I kept on my counter tops. I was trying to declutter and only leave the items that we use on a daily basis as well as arrange everything in a way that made more practical sense.  Once I was finished, I noticed that even though my kitchen was clean and clutter free, my kitchen sink still looked messy  because I had my dish sponge, soap dispensing wand, stainless steel and plastic sink stoppers out next to the faucet. It really bothered me (yes, I am crazy like that).

See what I mean:




It's blurry, but you get the picture.

Anyway, that is not attractive.

I thought about what I should do and remembered that I had pinned an under sink storage picture on pinterest a few months before.


Here's the picture:


How cool is that?

So I searched, and searched, and searched, and didn't find anything similar.  I got a little disheartened.

I finally said screw it, and bought a bathroom type fixture from Walmart for about $5:


Just one problem:


Ooops!

Not to worry, Command strips to the rescue!


I wasn't sure how it would hold up, but it's been up for about 2 months now, and it's still going strong, woohoo!



Now my kitchen sink looks like this:

Ahhhhh :)  So clean, so pretty. 

I keep my dish soap in that oil bottle ($1.99 @ Marshalls) and my hand soap in a hand pump.  I hate the look of the plastic containers and this just makes it look so much nicer. So there you have it, a quick, inexpensive way to hide away your dish washing tools.  Now that I've shared my sink tip, I better not see any dirty old rags or sponges hanging out on your counter next time I come over ;)

3 comments:

  1. It is really important to clean up the kitchen sink after using it. That way, you can prevent the formation of the slimy stain that can cause damage on your sink. And it feels good to have a clean and spotless sink.

    Lovella Cushman

    ReplyDelete
  2. A kitchen sink will always be pretty when it’s clean. I remember staying at my friend’s house and I was kinda shocked that their sink is not that clean. This situation reminded me of that one time when she asked me to help her unclog the garbage disposal. I guess, she has to read this, and for her to know that a clean sink can prevent a lot of clogging and repairs.

    [ Carmella Vancil ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. “A kitchen sink will always be pretty when it’s clean.” -- I agree with this one, Carmella! Although I dirty our sink with filth from car parts, I make sure that I clean after. When my wife scolded me one time because of neglecting such cleaning duty, it made me realize that we use the sink every day, so it is OUR responsibility to keep it clean.

    Darryl Lorio

    ReplyDelete